You are currently browsing the category archive for the ‘Homosexuality’ category.
st yesterday I had indicated how offensive Rick Perry’s new ad was. It appears that I was not alone. People across the country were offended by commercial. The internet has been flooded with people posting videos making fun of Perry because of that commercial.
Here is the original Ad:
Here are just a few of my favorite spoofs on his ad:
Rabbi spoof on Perry
Spoof on Perry’s jacket
Off-color spoof- I’m Rick Perry and I’m a piece of Shit
National Lampoons Version of Behind the Scenes of Rick Perry’s ad
Here is Perry explaining that he meant what he said, and he said what he meant:
Wolf Blitzer’s Discussion with Perry Regarding his add and his claim that Obama is lodging a “war on religion.”
“Jame” sent me a link to Rick Perry’s new commercial advocating the importance of the United States becoming a “Christian Nation” and condemning gays openly serving in the military. The amazing thing is that Perry is dressed just like Heath Ledger in Brokeback Mountain.
Brokeback Mountain is a 2005 romantic drama which depicts the romantic and sexual relationship between two men in the American West. It’s not as if this was an inconsequential film. It’s not as if it was some B movie only seen on HBO. Brokeback Mountain won a variety of awards, including eight Academy Award nominations, and three awards, and was widely considered to be a front runner for the best picture. It ranks among the highest-grossing romance films of all time.
It’s ironic that Perry and Heath Ledger were both Cowboys,
He said, “My mom is gay and she doesn’t need fixin.”
Robert Morrow is the person who took out the full page ad in the Austin Paper asking readers if they had ever had sex with Rick Perry.
Mr. Morrow has given an interview explaining his reason for this add. He states in the interview that Rick Perry is a “rampant bisexual adulterer”
The amazing thing about this interview is that if the allegations were not true, Mr. Morrow would be the easy target of a slander lawsuit. The inconvenient truth about a slander lawsuit is that “truth” is a defense. Moreover Rick Perry could be compelled in such a suit to give sworn testimony. If he lied he could be exposed for criminal penalties for perjury. If you believe that Rick Perry will sue Robert Morrow for slander then I’ve got some ocean front property in Montana I’d like to show you.
Please note that I have the utmost respect and admiration for members of the GLBT community. This post is intended to be funny at Rick Perry’s expense. He should be ashamed of his condemnation of homosexuality. He should be even more ashamed of his suggestion that he is holy and homosexuality is a violation of God’s will. It would be outrageous if it turns out that the rumors are true, and that while he was proclaiming the evils of homosexuality that he was engaging in the very activity he condemned. It is not the fact that he is bi-sexual or homosexual that is offensive. It is the fact that he condemned others publicly for the conduct that he himself engaged in privately. It is his declaration that anti-sodomy laws were appropriate, even when the violation occurred in the privacy of a person’s bedroom, but when the violation occurred in his bedroom, it was God’s will. It is the fact that he was an Eagle Scout, and proclaims the right of the Boy Scouts to exclude homosexuals from membership or leadership positions in his book about “honor”, when he himself has no “honor.”
It is my sincere hope that America knows the real Rick Perry before going to the polls in 2012. I hope the truth comes out, and if anyone supports Rick Perry that they know who he really is; know the hypocrisy and lies which define the candidate Rick Perry.
Given the ad in yesterday’s Austin Chronicle, Rick Perry’s future is unclear.
The motivation for the ad asking for people to identify themselves if they had sex with Rick Perry is unclear. Speculation about the reason for the add has been the topic of conversation at local barber shops, campaign offices, and at the local “Condoms R U.S.” stores. Evangelical ministers across the country have prayed for one source of things about which they needed to pray, so here is the list I have accumulated. If anyone reading this blog has heard additional speculation about the reason for the ad, please leave a comment.
POSSIBLE REASONS FOR THE QUESTION:
“HAVE YOU HAD SEX WITH RICK PERRY?”
1. To begin the process of identifying volunteers for candidates who oppose the election of Rick Perry.
2. To determine if Rick Perry has had sex with any Democrats?
3. To determine whether Rick Perry embraces multiple races?
4. To determine whether Rick Perry might appeal to appeal to senior citizens?
5. To obtain an interview, from an authoritative source, about the proper classification for Perry’s next book, “Not Afraid of Sex: My Journey so Far. Fiction or Non-fiction?
6. To determine if any Alaskan residents had sex with Perry in case Jean Worldwide could use them to qualify for a tax credit in their next film: “Sex with Sarah in Sarah Palin’s Alaska.”
7. Todd Palin was doing his due diligence before hiring Rick Perry to work for him.
8. A casting company was looking for extras for Brokeback Mountain II.
9. To determine if anyone with whom Perry had been intimate ever heard him brag about how or why he became the Agriculture Commissioner for Texas, a member of the “Pit Bulls,” why he majored in animal science, or whether his major had anything to do with being a “yell leader” in college?
10. To determine how much Rick might have had to pay his wife to entice her to stay married to him.
11. To determine whether he had any particular practice or routine before, after, or during sex, of invoking the name of God.
12. To determine the most desirable sexual orientation for any interviewees seeking a position in the Oval Office.
13. To determine if there might be any reason not to offer Rick Perry the lucrative job as Trojan spokesperson of the year.
14. To attempt to identify any family members who might need the protection of the Secret Service in the event of Perry’s election.
15. To determine if Rick Perry might have violated Texas’ sodomy laws before they were declared unconstitutional.
16. To determine if Karl Rove had a reason to declare that Perry was not “Presidential.”
17. To determine if the rumor that Perry is gay was just “guilt by innuendo”?
18. To determine if Marcus Bachmann or Rick Perry really like corny-dogs, or were simply advertising their acumen eating them.
19. To satisfy the RNC that Perry had no physical limitations that would prevent him from serving.
20. To create a list of references to submit to Pfizer with Perry’s application to star in their next Viagra commercial.
21. To determine the appropriate color for the bath robes in the closets of the guest room in the White House if Perry should be elected
22. To determine whether Perry’s partner on Dancing with the Stars should be male or female.
Jon Stewart summed it up quite nicely in two separate segments on Marcus Bachmann.
The hypocrisy of a “counselor” who appears to be gay counseling homosexuals to “pray away the gay” is doubly hypocritical. However here are some additional facts you might not know about the first-dude-wannabe:
1. Marcus Bachmann describes himself as his wife’s political “strategist,” her personal assistant, press secretary, and confidante.
2. Marcus Bachman plays a central role in the campaign of his wife, focusing on her image. He is her “image consultant”, her personal shopper. Michele says that Marcus has a “good sense of style” and she is particularly impressed with the “a sleek, simple hourglass dress with a yoke collar in winter white.”
3. Marcus Bachmann played a major role in his wife’s religious evolution.The Wisconsin Evangelical Luther Synod, to which the Bachmans belong, believe that a wife’s primary purpose is to be a “submissive helper” to her “godly husband.” By way of example, Michele Bachmann explained that she got her degree in tax law, not because she had any particular interest in taxes, but because it was what her husband wanted. She said: “Why should I go and do something like that?” she remembered thinking. “”But the Lord says, ‘Be submissive wives; you are to be submissive to your husbands.’”
4. Bachmann & Associates employs 27 counselors including Dr. Bachmann, who use “Christ-centered” methods to treat a range of mental health problems, including “co-dependency”, “shame,” “spiritual issues,” and marital problems.
5. Dr. Bachmann is not registered with any of the three boards that certify mental health professionals in Minnesota, according to Politico. But despite his lack of credentials, Bachmann & Associates has collected more than $137,000 in annual Medicaid payments for treating patients since 2005, NBC News reports, in addition to roughly $24,000 in federal and state grant funds that the clinic received to train staff on how to deal with clients suffering from chemical dependency and mental illness.
On the registry of national Medicare and Medicaid providers, Dr. Bachmann is listed as a psychologist but there is no license number.
Thus taxpayers are paying for Medicare and Medicaid benefits for Mr. Bachmann to pray with people to attempt to change their sexual preferences even though this approach has been identified as “ineffective” and “harmful” . . Under the Hyde amendment we do not allow tax dollars to be spent for medically essential abortion services even when the mother’s life is in jeopardy, but we do pay an apparently homosexual man when giving religious therapy for “curing” homosexuality. What’s wrong with that picture?
If you are gay, there is hope for you. Sarah Palin and Michele Bachmann’s husband can help you find salvation. All you need to do is pray away the gay. While you are at it, change your hair color, your eye color, and your height. As long as you are praying, get exactly what you want…and this assumes you don’t want to be gay???
For years we have been told the Republican Party is the political party who promotes “family values”. Sarah Palin has given lip service to that position through her TLC show where she proclaims that she loves Alaska like she loves her family. The title of her latest book, America by Heart: Reflections on Family, Faith and Flag, Palin attempts to reinforce the value of “family”. However the truth is that traditional “family values” is the antonym for Palin family values.
Both Todd and Sarah have been reported as having extra-marital affairs. Sarah was pregnant out-of-wedlock, and there is a real possibility that her first child is actually the child of another man. Todd and Sarah live in separate structures on the property in Wasilla, they don’t sleep together, and evidently throw cans at each other when tempers flare. Her fifth child may be someone else’s first child. Bristol not only is an unwed mother, but was a 17-year-old pregnant teen at the time her mother was running with John McCain. If McCain and Palin had been elected, it would have been the first time the Vice President’s illegitimate grandchild would be living in the white house with her. Now with the announcement of Track’s spontaneous wedding with only parents in the “picture” and a party to be held later, there is great suspicion as to why the rush?
When Sarah Palin announced that Bristol was pregnant she was quick to say that Bristol was keeping the child, and that she would marry Levi. The amazing thing about the announcement was that Palin thought that plans to marry would make the pregnancy acceptable. Like her marriage to Todd, she suggested that marriage to Todd would make her out-of-wedlock pregnancy acceptable. Sarah Palin misses the point. If a woman is too young when having a child she risks her health and that of the baby. If the mother is too young she may not be mature enough to be the best mother she can be. As we have seen with Bristol, completing an education is difficult or impossible if a baby is in the picture. If a man and woman marry too young their chances of having a happy and healthy marriage decline. It can happen; it’s just not as likely. Sarah Palin and the Republican Party miss the point to suggest that marriage alone is a sign of traditional family values.
With the recent focus on Arnold Schwarzenegger, a Republican, and his “love child,” it is important to pause and consider the number of Republicans who have established their true attitude about traditional family values. There was Dick Cheney’s daughter who is lesbian and she and her partner became parents. Thomas Jefferson had 7 children out-of-wedlock.
Ted Nugent, the promoter of Palin through the Time Magazine article, had two wives and eight children, including three children out-of-wedlock.
In February of this year Congressional Republicans were involved in running a prostitution ring.
The list of Republicans who deviated from the GOP’s traditional party platform regarding family values could provide material for an entire year of SNL episodes.
Here are just a few worthy of note:
(September 28, 2006)
The Crime: Sending sexually laced, grammatically challenged instant messages and e-mails to teenaged boys in the Congressional page program for more than 10 years.
The Hypocrisy: Chairman of the House Caucus on Missing and Exploited Children and one of the foremost opponents of child pornography in the Senate.
The Quote: “get a ruler and measure it for me”
Leader of the National Association of Evangelicals
The Crime: Paying male prostitutes for sex and snorting crystal meth.
The Hypocrisy: A powerful force in the evangelical movement, Haggard participated in weekly meetings with President George Bush and top advisors where he gave spiritual advice. He taught that homosexuality was an abomination and actively lobbied against gay rights.
The Quote: “I did not have a homosexual relationship with a man in Denver.”
Senate Liaison for Mitt Romney’s Presidential Campaign
(June 11, 2007)
The Crime: Soliciting sex from an undercover cop in an airport bathroom
The Hypocrisy: Craig twice voted against adding the words “sexual orientation” to the federal hate crimes law. Craig also voted to give states the right to refuse to recognize gay marriage–a right they already had, but the Senator wanted to really, really prove he didn’t like gay people.
The Quote: “I am not gay; I don’t do these kinds of things.”
Member of the Florida House of Representatives
Florida Chairman of John McCain’s Presidential Campaign
(July 11, 2007)
The Crime: Offering an undercover cop $20 to allow Allen to blow him in a men’s room in a public park. After being arrested, Allen tried to explain that he only offered to blow the cop because the cop was a “burly black man” and he “didn’t want to become a statistic.”
The Hypocrisy: Allen was one of 21 Florida legislators to sign Gov. Jeb Bush’s friend-of-the-court brief supporting the state’s ban on gays adopting children, and he co-sponsored an unsuccessful bill that would have enhanced penalties for “offenses involving unnatural and lascivious acts” such as indecent exposure.
The Quote: “I certainly wasn’t there to have sex with anybody and certainly wasn’t there to exchange money for it.”
Glenn Murphy Jr.
National Chairman of the Young Republicans
Chairman of the Clark County Republican Party
(July 28, 2007)
The Crime: Murphy got a fellow Young Republican drunk and then spent the night at his house. The other young man woke up in the middle of the night to find Murphy giving him mouth-to-penis resuscitation. After this incident, a 1998 sexual battery report came to light in which Murphy was alleged to have done the exact same thing.
The Hypocrisy: Murphy was a well-paid political consultant for Republican candidates and often advised them to use gay marriage as a wedge issue to paint their opponents as out of touch with traditional values.
The Quote: “I was in the Sound of Music in High School…don’t ask” (from his now-defunct Myspace page.)
The Video: Unfortunately, the Young Republicans took down all of their videos of Mr. Murphy. So instead, I give you: http://www.badmouth.net/top-five-republican-gay-sex-scandals/
Here is a more complete list:
In considering the current we site of the Republican Party, under the “issues” section there is no reference to family values or abortion or homosexuality. Maybe they will add these in a few more weeks after the focus on Arnold, Track Palin, and Republican Rep. Paul Scott has died down. Maybe the Republican Party and Sarah Palin should stick to politics and just consider family matters off-limits?
Earlier today I posted an article discussing Sarah Palin’s gratuitous support of Dr. Laura. Remembering that Dr. Laura is not a politician, and has not been Palin’s advocate, it would be a logical question to ask why would Palin subject herself to public ridicule for her support of Dr. Laura? The inherent assumption is that Palin behaves logically. Certainly we have seen multiple examples of the illogical actions and bigotry that has been associated by the Half-Term-Ex-Governor. From her attitudes about homosexuality to her attitudes about Asians in Hawaii, it is clear that Sarah Palin is not accepting of people with different skin color, religions, and ethnicity. However most of us don’t know much about Dr. Laura, other than the fact that she is a radio show host. Given all that I have learned about Dr. Laura, I now understand why Sarah Palin feels a need to align herself with Dr. Laura.
Let me share with you a few choice pieces of information about the person known as Dr. Laura.
- Dr. Laura has made repeated, vocal, and hateful comments about homosexuals. She has even gone so far as to say that “a huge portion of the male homosexual populace is predatory on young boys.”http://gay.americablog.com/2010/08/remembering-dr-laura.html. While she obviously thinks it is her First Amendment right to use the N word about African Americans, Dr. Laura said:
“The First Amendment is not the 11th Commandment. Its protection does not extend to ALL speech.”6http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_0078.htm.
2. Dr. Laura promotes herself as the voice of morality. However in her own life, she has demonstrated that she herself doesn’t follow the same standards she professes to believe. During her first marriage she had several extramarital affairs. While serving as a licensed marriage, family, and child counselor, and while still married to her first husband she began a nine-year affair with Lewis G. Bishop, a professor of neuro-physiology, who was married and the father of three children.
3. Dr. Laura preaches about subjects from premarital sex and fidelity to the importance of being a stay-at-home mom. While married to her second husband, Dr. Laura struck up an intimate relationship with Bill Balance, a radio show personality, and within a few short years, “The Dr. Laura Show” was born.
4. Dr. Laura has explained that the American Library Association, is “boldly, brashly contributing to sexualizing our children.” She has attacked the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which she asserts “knows as well as I do that condoms do not prevent the spread of many sexually transmitted diseases.” She has been outspoken about her opposition to comprehensive sex education and to abortion. Feminism, she argues, is endangering the sacred rite of motherhood, “brainwashing women that money replaces husbands, fathers and marriage.” Dr. Laura has explained that the first duty of a wife is to her husband, their home, and their children.
5. In Dr. Laura’s mind, feminism is not only responsible for the deterioration of the family, but also for the disintegration of intimacy between men and women, and has caused “everything heterosexual, feminine, masculine, motherly, womanly and longed for in a committed relationship [to come] under vicious attack” and that this is the fault of “the National Organization of (I don’t know what kind of) Women-types.” As if that weren’t enough, Dr. Laura argues that feminism is in effect turning women into murderers, claiming, “The feminist’s ‘pro-choice’ message is that women should tear their babies from their bodies to die – so that they are serving the sisterhood by being more available for workplace accomplishments or sexual promiscuity without being hampered by diaper hampers.”
6. Dr. Laura’s promiscuity was publicized in 1988 on the internet when a dozen nude photos appeared that were evidently taken during her affair with Bill Balance. The photos, which were sold by Ballance, were equipped with “Live Picture Technology,” to enable users to zoom in on specific body parts. Dr. Laura filed a lawsuit against Ballance, which she eventually dropped when she was unable to get an injunction to keep the pictures off the Internet.
Some of Dr. Laura’s more memorable quotes include:
“Hallowed halls of higher education subvert the very meaning of education to give forums to perverts, racists and gender hostilities (which is the definition of a black/Hispanic/women’s/whatever studies curriculum) and biased, leftist, anti-Western Civilization courses … and nothing happens.”
“The feminist movement has distorted feminine love and giving to husbands and children as oppression and servility. Consequently, women are ‘paranoid’ and ‘hostile’ towards their obligations to their families, and sadly, towards the true desires of their feminine selves/instinct. Women are in inner turmoil because of this clash of brainwashing vs. personal desire.”
However my favorite article on Dr. Laura comes from someone who was responding to something she had said on a radio show on which she discussed her views regarding homosexuality.
In her radio show, Dr Laura Schlesinger has said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, homosexuality is an abomination according to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following response was posted on the internet and is best regarded as an essay clearly meant for a wider audience than just Dr Laura. It is a general reminder that many belief systems pick and choose their way through biblical teachings in determining what is “right” and “wrong”. Authorship has been attributed to several, but remains unconfirmed.
Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination… End of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God’s Laws and how to follow them.
1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?
2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of Menstrual uncleanliness – Lev.15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offense.
4. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord – Lev.1:9. The problem is, my neighbours. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath.Exodus 35:2. Clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination – Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this? Are there ‘degrees’ of abomination?
7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle- room here?
8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev.19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev.24:10-16.Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
This is the type of person Sarah Palin feels a need to defend. Dr. Laura has announced her retirement. www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/08/17. Perhaps it is time for Palin to do the same.