Colin Powell is a black Republican. As one of the most prominent Republicans in the country, Powell has spoken out about the decline of the GOP. In particular he has referenced the importance of the GOP recognizing that the demographics of America are changing, and that if the GOP continues to distance itself from African American and Hispanic voters, they will continue to be defeated. By way of example he mentioned Sarah Palin’s “shuck and jive” comment. Back in October of 2012 those remarks were the impetus for a post about Palin’s bigotry.
Sarah evidently thought enough of Glen Rice was competent to lead her to the bedroom,
but Sarah doesn’t find Obama suited to lead the country. The number of comments attributed to Sarah that reveal her racists attitudes are long, and colorful.
- She is reported to have remarked after the 2008 Democratic primary that “Sambo beat the bitch.”
- Palin had no interest in musician after she found out that he was black. She said “I don’t mess with black men.” (She must have meant that she “no longer” messed with black men.)
- Palin defended Dr. Laura’s use of the “N” word on her show.
- Members of the black community complained that Palin had shut them out during her half-term as Governor.
- This criticisms of Barack Obama by Sarah Palin are too numerous to list.
When a person of the national stature of Colin Powell says that Sarah Palin is a bigot, you know it must be true. When Colin Powell remembers a remark made by Palin last October you know it was not only offensive, but it was sufficiently offensive to cause him to remember it three months later.