In the Presidential race, candidates are often overwhelmed by media scrutiny and it is common for a candidate to make a misstep. For example, who could forget Sarah Palin’s account of Paul Revere’s ride.
With the exceptions of Herman Cain, Sarah Palin, and Michele Bachmann, few candidates have established themselves so totally incompetent as Rick Perry. He has said so many stupid things that it is hard to remember all of them. Here is a list I am keeping that can easily be updated.
1) He couldn’t remember the number of Supreme Court Justices, or
2) the name of recently appointed Sonia Sotomayor.
3) Perry said the United States was at war with Iran, instead of Iraq.
4) Perry said that to be President a person had to be 21.
5) Perry mistakenly thought the voting age was 21, not 18.
6) Perry thought the date of the Presidential election was Nov. 12, instead of the 6th.
7) Perry thought federal employees could not be fired even if they failed to implement federal policies, when of course they could.
8) Perry thought New Hampshire was a caucus state, when in fact it is a primary state.
9) Perry forgot the third Department He Would Eliminate.
10) Perry forgot the century of the American Revolution.
11) Perry thought Solyndra was a country.
Perry’s degree was from Texas A&M, in animal science. Perhaps classes in world history, political science, and current events are not part of the animal science curriculum. After all if you are an animal, these topics are of no concern to you!
Perhaps Perry should be running as a taxidermist, instead of President? If the animals were already dead, his poor performance in school wouldn’t do any living animal any harm.